Mumbles under 8s

Monday 26 November 2007

Coaching notes

First, I would like to say thanks to Rob and Will who took the U7s on Sunday. I hope they enjoyed the experience (Rob admitted he did!)

Second, the opposition (Pontardawe) were very complimentary about the side on the weekend. I thought we had a good shape and tried to play some rugby. It was all over so quickly that it seemed a long way to go for so little game time.

This is something I aim to get right in the long run. We were pushed for playing space and time on Sunday, so it was not easy for the other side to accommodate this. However it is important to give everyone a good crack at the game.

Our aims are to pass before being tagged, get players in space, support and maintain a line in defence.

I am pleased with our progress in this sense and it is good to see a range of try scorers. Sometimes though it is the moments when other things happen which stick in my mind.

Here are some non try moments from last Sunday:
Cian's long pass to Matthew who was in space and then cut a line back inside. His pass led to a try.
Max standing at full back. His idea, not mine.
Dom and Rhys organising the defence.
Tom G support and keeping the space in attack.
Ben C passing before contact which meant he was free to score a try from the next pass.
Ben H straight running and going forward.

There were lots of other things from all the players - and it is nice to see a willingness to want the ball.

I am starting my end of term reports for the team at the end of the South Gower match. I know there is something positive to say about every player.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home